SET 5 (9.00-13.00 - MONDAY AND TUESDAY)


My family and I visited my grandparents in Bukit Aping. It is a small town just outside Perak. It is famous for its pomeloes. My grandparents were delighted to see us. They have a large orchard with pomelo, durian and rambutan trees. My grandmother also rear chickens, especially for their eggs.

It is really great to be at my grandparents home during the fruit season. We usually go there with our cousins during the school holidays. We have such great fun, we help my grandfather pick the durian fruits and sell them at his roadside stall. Many people stop to buy the fruits at his stall.

During the fruit season, my grandparents welcome the extra hands. My grandfather is not as strong as he used to be, so we help him as much as we can. Some of his neighbours and their children also lend a helping hand during their free time.

The work is not easy but we enjoy ourselves tremendously. We also help ourselves to all the fruits in the orchard. After a hard day's work, my grandmother pampers us with a delicious meal. She makes the best Nasi Lemak. For a city boy like me, a holiday in the kampung is always a treat...
2 Responses
  1. hidayah Says:

    salam..zaim i excited go to my hometown now because now fruit season..i not patient!!!!huhuuu


  2. NORIZAN Says:

    fruit..!! yummy..
    can i get from you zaim if you go back at your home town??